New Directions Business Association has launched a YouTube Channel encouraging businesses to post short videos about their business situation during the COVID-19 pandemic. Find out how you can participate here.
A Message from New Directions Business Association:
We are all in a difficult position with the COVID-19 pandemic. At New Directions Business Association we are asking ourselves: “What can we do in our community to remain strong and positive until we win the war over this dreadful disease?”
Information is the KEY! We want to help you get information about your business status out to the general public. To do this we have launched a YouTube Channel where we encourage you go post a short 2-minute video about your business situation. If you are a restaurant providing curbside service and take out, tell us. If you are an essential business and are open a usual, tell us. If you are working from home but can provide everything virtually like an Insurance agency or Graphic Design firm, tell us. We want to help you get the information out to your customers. What does it cost? Nothing. We are doing our part to help our community get through this.
New Directions Business Association is providing our YouTube channel to host these messages. We are offering a FREE platform where we can all share encouraging messages to those around us. The only thing we ask is that you provide a 2-minute (or less) video that we will post for you on our channel.
Let’s show Knoxville know that our business community is strong and open for business. We will be stronger as we move FORWARD TOGETHER!
- Business Name
- Direct Phone number
- Address of Business
- Brief statement about your business
To help you in creating your video, here is an outline for you to follow!
- Greeting – Hello my name is and I am (owner or title) of (business name)
- Message – Status of your business; We’re still open, or we’re working from home, but we can meet virtually, etc. We’re here for you; we will recover.
- Promote what you do now, or can do now; What you will do once you’re back up to full speed
- If applies: Provide positive tips on how to help you; Provide positive tips on how to handle your type of business during these times; or Provide tips for the viewers.
- Provide contact information of your business: Name, location (website if you don’t have a brick and mortar); Business Phone, Website
- Closing – Please add a statement with “Forward Together”
Note: Perfection is not the key here. A strong positive and true message is.
- 2 minutes or less. Anything over that will be edited or returned.
- Please shoot your video from your laptop, or phone. Save as a MP4. 720p
- Please shoot your video inside in a quiet room. (Cuts down on background noise)
- Please shoot your video horizontally.
- Speak clearly.
- Practice what you’re going say before you record.
We will be adding a graphic at the end of each video to provide information on how to make a video for our FORWARD TOGETHER effort!
If you are unable to create a video, here are some other options for you:
- Email us a short statement with your logo (png format; size 1200 x 628 pixels) and we will post on our New Directions Business Association Facebook page.
- Share our Forward Together link on your social media platforms.
- Stay positive and healthy!