The Knoxville Fire department says an improper heating device inside a home is the cause of a house fire in South Knoxville that causes moderate damage to the home.
Crews called to Skyline Drive yesterday not long after responding to another fire in the area. They found the fire in the living room and say it was caused by a gas grill propane gas tank being used inside for heating purposes.
KFD says this is an extremely dangerous because not only can it cause a fire the CO emitted can cause carbon monoxide poisoning. The home did not have working smoke detectors.
One man lives in the home and the American Red Cross is assisting him.
No injuries were reported.
The Knoxville Fire Department says the cause of a South Knoxville house fire is unattended cooking equipment.
Crews called to a basement fire on Plymouth Road and found light smoke coming from the basement and they were told everyone was out of the home.
The home sustained moderate damage to a basement kitchen area.
Three adults live in the home.
No injuries reported. The American Red Cross is assisting residents.
KFD says unattended cooking is the leading cause of residential fires in the United States.